Snapchat is one of the most popular and fun making mobile multimedia app, has become a convenient for sending photos and videos to friends and family while not ingestion up your phone’s memory. It was launched in 2011 with a straightforward purpose of sharing pictures and messages for a short duration of time, keeping security in mind. After a year a tremendous change was noticed due to that it becomes popular as time passes. An interesting fact comes into a vision that snap-chat can send 25 images per second. So it’s a great platform where one can share multimedia with any person. Instead of looking at this one aspect of sharing pictures and videos, it is now also used to promote brands.
- 1 To Setup a Snapchat Account
- 1.1 How To Navigate Snapchat
- 1.2 How To Add Friends on Snapchat
- 1.3 How To Create and Send Snaps
- 1.4 Interesting Facts & Creative use of Snapchat
To Setup a Snapchat Account
First of all, you have to create an account to use snapchat and follow below step by step guidance:
1. Download and Install Snapchat App
Go to your App Store for iOS users or Google Play Store Android users and download the app.
2. Create an Account
- Open the app and tap the Signup.
- Enter First and Last Name and tap Sign Up and Accept.
- Enter Date of Birth and click Continue
- Now set the Username of your choice or from suggestion and tap Continue.
- Create your Password and click Continue
- Add your E-mail and Verify it
- Verify your Phone Number
Verified? Yes! Hey good work, now you have completed your phone and email verifications. Your account is ready to use.
3. Add Friends
Snapchat lets you add friends by scanning your contacts on the phone. To find friends click continue.
- Now tap on settings to allow Snapchat to access your contacts. It will automatically scan your contact list and gives you friend suggestions.
- Add people you would like to befriend. Once they add you back then you can share multimedia and chat with them.
4. Customize Your Snapcode With Bitmoji
Bitmoji lets you create your expressive avtar by click on the top left of your phone’s screen, then tap Create Bitmoji.
Comparing with other social media plateforms, which open to a timeline or newsfeed, Snapchat opens to a camera screen. So how would you get to content?
Don’t panic it’s very easy, let’s watch this video to understand it.
How To Add Friends on Snapchat
There are four ways to add friends to Snapchat. These are:
- Tap Ghost icon on the top left of your screen
- Tap Add Friends
- My contacts
- By selecting any one of the above 4 ways, you can add new friends very easily and quickly.
- You can also add new friends via quick add which lets you add mutual friends.
How To Create and Send Snaps
When you open the snapchat application, it will direct open to camera screen.
Take a Picture or a Video
- To take a picture, click on the circular button with is at the bottom of the screen.
- To take a video, press the circular button and a red marker will appear to indicate that the video is being recording.
- To take a selfie, click the flip camera, by capturing the camera icon.
Once you have taken the picture, you can use different features.
- Caption (T icon): Add a caption or any other text, complete with bold, italics, or underline styles.
- Doodle (pencil icon): Snapchat’s drawing tool. You can change the color and size of your brush or tap the heart icon to draw with emojis.
- Stickers (square icon that resembles a sticky note): Add stickers from the Snapchat library.
- Scissors (scissors icon): You can select just about any part of a Snap to turn it into a sticker you can use on your current Snap or save for the future. The scissors icon also gives you access to the Magic Eraser, which allows you to remove elements of the photo; the Backdrop tool, which allows you to add a patterned backdrop to your snap; and the Tint Brush, which allows you to change the color of objects in your Snap.
- Paperclip (paperclip icon): Tap this icon to enter the URL of any webpage. When your friend views your Snap, they can swipe up to find the linked webpage.
- Timer (stopwatch icon): Select the amount of time that your Snap will be viewable—up to 10 seconds. Or, choose the infinity symbol to let your friends view the Snap for as long as they like.
- Open Snapchat and point the camera on a face.
- Press and hold your finger over the face on the screen.
- Scroll left to right and choose the filter you prefer.
- Follow instructions on the screen (if applicable) to get filter to work.
Look at this short video and learn creative ways to apply filters.
Interesting Facts & Creative use of Snapchat
Find the amazing & surprising facts about snachat by visiting the following links (only for experienced users and business purposes).